Project NY – The Comune
What I love about Project Global Trade Show is that it’s so interactive. When you first step in you have selected brands creating their products in front of your eyes, be it boots or accessories, they will show you how it’s done. Then you make your way upstairs and you have the Blogger Project where you can see and interact with the bloggers, pick their brain and get insider information. Then one of my favorites is Sandbox, a full blown photo set, one for ‘models’ and the other set for still shots. Sandbox was really helpful to the bloggers, especially if we were short on time or didn’t have a camera on us. We were able to just give them some products and they’ll either put it on a model or still shoot it, so convenient!
Anyways, as I was blogging Marcus comes over to me and asks me if I would like to be in a photo shoot with him for the Comune. Me being the guy used to being behind the camera I was hesitant, but then again when will I get another chance to be in a photo shoot with the man who inspired me? Not to get sensitive, but being part of the blogger project, live blogging side by side with the internets heavy hitters was such an honor. Only last season I was telling my girlfriend that I wanted to be sitting on that wooden table, only last season I met Marcus Troy for the first time and I never would have thought to get an e-mail from MT to be part of the whole project, let alone be in the same photo shoot with him. This photo not only represents where I am today, but where I want to be in the future.
The above style is not something I would usually rock, I was iffy about the whole outfit Marcus had presented to me, but after trying it on and adding my own taste to it, I really loved the whole fit. The friends over at The Comune and MT really showed me a different style that I can enjoy.
Check out some more photos below!
What I’m wearing:
- Drop City “Butts” Tee by Magdalena Wosinska. 100% cotton. $36
- “Olsen” fitted denim jacket in Indigo. 100% cotton, sewn domestically in Downtown LA. Front pleats secured with box stitching. Has chest patch pockets and welt pockets at waist. $162
- “Ricky” hybrid fit, made in Downtown LA jean in Overdye Black. Has 1/4″ double needle stitching on pockets and yoke, flat felled inseam, and taped outseam. 100% cotton. $148
What Marcus Troy is wearing:
- “Mitchell” jacket in Charcoal. 100% genuine cow leather with #10 zippers, quilted back, and yoke armhole gussets. $520
- “David” fitted jean in No Wash Picked Indigo. This is COMUNE’s most popular style of denim, with 1/4″ triple needle throughout, black taping at outseam and waistband. 100% cotton. $82
Expect these to drop Spring/Summer 2013! Check out their website here!